The Leather School
Online Leather Craft Video Courses To Help You Improve Your Skills In Leatherworking
Hi Crafters! It's Nico
Want To Make Luxury Leather Goods Without Spending 1000+ Hours In The Learning Process?
I have spent tens of thousands of hours perfecting French leather craft in order to save you time and avoid frustration: all the knowledge and resources you need, in one place.
Are you a beginner that does not know where to start?
Are you thinking about starting a side hustle and selling leather goods?
Are you scared of spending money on the wrong tools or the wrong leather?
Are you a hobbyist who improved in the beginning but nows feels like their skill set has been stagnating?
Are you eager to learn more about the world of leather? Try out vegetable tanned leather, use pricking irons, saddle stitch and so much more?
Are you ready to discover all the leather crafting techniques that luxury brands have kept secret for decades?
I still remember when I started leather craft and this happened to me...
I remember having a very strong motivation to start leather craft, there was a fire burning inside of me because I found this craft so beautiful and mesmerizing.
However, beginning without any type of guidance was really tough. I went down the wrong paths many times, listening to YouTube videos from amateurs because they knew more than me, and spending time and money on tools I should never have bought. Having to throw away leather because of beginner mistakes was heartbreaking.
I still vividly remember buying an overpriced set of diamond chisels, a turquoise blue super-soft lambskin, machine-sewing thread and woodworking glue to make my first cardholder.
Spoiler: the leather was way too soft (it was garment leather), the pricking irons were not what I expected, the thread was horrible for hand-stitching, and the glue was obviously not suited for this job. I still have the receipt: I spent 167 euros, did not use any of the tools or leather ever again and did not come back to my crafting table for 2 months.
Learning without an organized structure is very chaotic and extremely time-consuming.
I was missing the right practical knowledge, tools and leather.
This Is Why The Leather School Was Created
Eliminate confusion and learn fast with the correct basics. Enjoy the marvelous art of leatherworking.
The Leather School has been created to give you all the fundamental knowledge and hands-on experience through a series of tutorials so that you can avoid confusion and have a ton of fun while crafting.
The Leather School will teach you the 3 pillars of leather craft through the different tutorials:
Mastering the basic techniques and how to apply them to every project, having an understanding of how different items are built...
Choosing the right tools for the job, knowing how to use each one of them, their specific maintenance requirements...
Choosing the right leather for your project, knowing about the different leather characteristics...
The Leather School Has Received Great Feedback From The Press
Nicolas Grinda launches an online leather goods training course
Two months ago, the Monegasque launched The Leather School, an online leather goods training platform. The founder of Atelier Grinda has almost...
democratizes DIY leather goods
Artisan leatherworker Nicolas Grinda, a native of Monaco, is one of the young generation of luxury...
What Other Students Are Saying:
"After a couple of weeks taking the courses as a complete beginner, I sold my first wallet for more than 2 times the cost of the membership. Can’t recommend enough, 5 stars all the way!"
"In addition to making world class bespoke leather goods, Nicolas now offers an online school to share his knowledge in a in-depth fashion.
His Leathercraft School may be just what you need to take your skills to new heights.
I’ve been crafting for a few years and have been self taught so far. But something was missing. The Leathercraft School is just what I needed."
"I’ve been following Atelier Grinda since the beginning of my leatherwork journey. I was thrilled that he announced the leather school. I signed up and have found the tutorials to be very thoughtful, insightful and very helpful in advancing my knowledge and skill."
What to expect from the Leather School:
- Gain leather craft knowledge and hands-on experience in an instant with just one click;
- Online tutorials to watch from the comfort of your home: place your computer on your work table, start playing a tutorial and follow along the instructions to learn all the artisanal techniques of this craft;
- Basic skills & full build-along projects with step by step explanations to learn incrementally, at your own pace;
- All tutorials are divided into structured sections, allowing you to advance little by little even on a busy week day;
- Comprehensive lists of supplies: know exactly what you will need for each project;
- Downloadable PDF patterns: just print them out and you're ready to start your project! Save them on your computer so you can use them even after your subscription ends;
- Tens of thousands of hours of knowledge of French leather craft condensed into manageable tutorials to save you time and avoid frustration: all the knowledge and resources you need, in one place;
- Direct contact with the teacher: students from The Leather School can write to the teacher Nicolas Grinda if they have doubts, at any time;
- Each video is filmed in English, French and Spanish.
Learn the craft from scratch in a matter of hours. If you have experience, dive deeper into new projects and techniques, and fine tune the details that will lead you to perfection!
3 MONTHS or 6 MONTHS
3 MONTHS PLAN
6 MONTHS PLAN
Which plan is better suited for you?
The plans include the same content, what changes is the duration.
- If you are a beginner: the 6 Months Plan is perfect for you. You will have time to go through all the basics and then complete the projects.
- If you have some experience: the 3 Months Plan is a great idea if you need less guidance and do not need to go over all the basics.
- With both plans: you can contact me by email at any time to ask me anything you want.
Bonus: New students get a FREE Dopp Kit PDF Pattern
For a very limited time, new students are welcomed with a Free Dopp Kit PDF Pattern when subscribing to the Leather School!
20 euros FREE for newly enrolled students
Value Of The Courses
The total value of the membership with all the tutorials today is 1020 euros (=$1120).
And this figure does not include:
- the value of the tutorials that will be released while you are a member of the Leather School
- the value of having direct email support with the teacher whenever you need!
3 MONTHS PLAN
6 MONTHS PLAN
Important things to take into account:
- The prices will go up in the near future as there are more tutorials and content.
- Two main reasons why I do not charge a lot more:
- Leather craft is my passion and I sincerely wish that as many people as possible can try the pleasure of working with their hands and creating an item from start to finish made out of leather
- My main business is making custom leather goods for my clients under my brand GRINDA MONACO. I have the chance of working in Monaco where I have a great clientele. The Leather School is a project born from a desire to share my passion (I have a dream of opening a Leather University one day so we can all gather together, maybe one day!)
- If you enroll as a student today, and the price of the membership goes up tomorrow, you will not be affected by the price increase
P.S. Just a few more things to remember:
- Unlimited access to all the tutorials
- New tutorials will be released while you are enrolled in the Leather School
- Downloadable PDF Patterns for every single tutorial: just print and start crafting
- Lists of supplies for every project: you always know what you'll need and you can gather all the supplies before starting a project
- Direct contact with the teacher at anytime if you have any type of questions
- For a limited time, you get a Dopp Kit Pattern worth 20 euros, for free!
- All the resources and information you need and cannot find anywhere else to sit down at your workbench, relax, and enjoy the art of working with leather!